For more than a decade, mold has been in the news. People are talking about the effect on population health and damage to the building. But what are the risks and issues? A number of certified companies have guidelines that include professional protective measures and restoration equipment’s for successful mold remediation and cleaning.
Mold is a common term for fungi that are found virtually everywhere in nature, including in soil and on plants, food, and wet materials.
If you ever notice water marks stains, discoloration on your walls, floors, or and ceilings, cracking, bubbling, or peeling the paint or wallpaper, then you may be having to deal with mold. If you never seen any of these type signs, but you smell a musty odor, mold may be growing without you seeing it underneath or behind water-damaged or wet materials, such as walls, wallpaper, or carpeting.
Mold sometimes is found everywhere like in all types of environments all around the world. In like indoor environments, mold is most often associated with damp, musty locations such as bathrooms, basements, and attics.
Some people can or might be affected by an airborne mold spore exposure. People who may be affected without knowing more severely and more quickly than others include:
Exposure to molds can lead to symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash. People with really serious mold allergies may have much more severe reactions, including shortness of breath.
If the growth is less than 10 square feet, you can take these three steps to eliminate the mold:
identify and correct the source of moisture
clean and disinfect the affected area
ensure the area is thoroughly dried
If the area of mold growth is greater than 10 square feet, you should consider hiring an industrial hygienist and/or mold remediator.
For expert advice on mold contamination, it is recommended that you contact listed consultant.
The key to preventing and stopping indoor mold growth is to control excessive moisture and condensation. Keep susceptible wet or moisture areas in your home clean and dry, clean and repair you property gutters regularly, make sure that your property ground slopes down and far away from your home’s foundation, use a professional dehumidifier in some basements and other areas that could be chronically damp, or keeping the air conditioner drip pans and other drain lines clean.
Whether you are a consumer looking to get advice about hazardous conditions in your home due to fire, flood or other disasters, a municipality needing asbestos removal, or a business requiring an expert witness, Our Consultants is a quick and simple tool to help you get an industrial hygiene and IICRCS professionals near you.
12 Upjohn Road,
ON, M3B 2V9
Open 24 hours
250 Yonge St,
ON, M5B 2L7
Open 24 hours
Call us today to find the best product for your situation.
12 Upjohn Road,
ON, M3B 2V9 Hours24-Hours Open
250 Yonge Street,
#1B Unit A
ON, M5B 2L7 Hours24-Hours Open